Barbecued tandoori lamb chops topped with a melon sambal in just over half an hour. Perfect!
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 lamb loin chops (see note)
- 1/4 honeydew melon, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Steamed basmati rice and fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
Step 1 Combine tandoori paste, 2 tablespoons yoghurt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl. Place chops in a shallow dish. Brush all over with tandoori mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine remaining yoghurt and 1 tablespoon remaining lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until required.
Step 3 Heat a greased barbecue hotplate or grill on medium-high heat. Add lamb chops. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
Step 4 Place melon, onion, coconut, mint, chilli, if using, and remaining lemon juice in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Serve chops with melon sambal, lemon yoghurt, steamed rice and coriander.
Source: Super Food Ideas – November 2016 , Page 40. Recipe by Cathie Lonnie.