Add your favourite toppings to this easy focaccia – simple enough for the kids to make.
- 450g (3 cups) bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 390g (1 1/2 cups) Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tsp extra
- 40g (1/4 cup) pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 100g cherry truss tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves, plus extra, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 225C/205C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray well with olive oil.
Step 2 Sift flour, baking powder and bicarb into a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre.
Step 3 Add the yogurt and olive oil to the well. Stir to combine (dough will not completely come together). Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Bring dough together and knead for 2 minutes or until smooth.
Step 4 Place dough on prepared tray and shape into a 30 x 22cm rectangle. Scatter with olives, tomato and basil. Gently press into dough. Drizzle with extra oil. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and salt. Bake for 23-25 minutes until dark golden. Top with extra basil leaves and serve warm.
Notes: Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yogurt is nutritious and delicious. Made from all-natural ingredients, this thick and creamy yogurt tastes great on its own or is the perfect ingredient to use in a variety of dishes.
Source: Author: Katrina Woodman, Image credit – (N/A), Publication: Taste Magazine