Brighten up your family dinners with this new-season recipe of a rustic polenta tart.
- 1L (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable or Chicken
- 1 1/3 cups (225g) polenta
- 1 cup (90g) grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (using a mandoline)
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds (using a mandoline)
- 100g each marinated roasted capsicum and chargrilled eggplant, drained, sliced into strips
- 100g cherry bocconcini, torn
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 1/4 cup (40g) pitted kalamata olives
- Basil leaves, to serve
Step 1 Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a 26cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
Step 2 Combine the stock and 1 cup (250ml) water in a saucepan over medium heat.
Step 3 Bring to a simmer, then add the polenta in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes until slightly thickened.
Step 4 Add the parmesan and thyme. Season, then cook, stirring, for a further 2-3 minutes until melted and combined.
Step 5 Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly crisp on the outside. Remove from oven and top with the onion, zucchini, capsicum, eggplant and bocconcini. Season well and drizzle with olive oil, then bake for a further 5-7 minutes until the zucchini is slightly tender and the cheese has melted.
Step 6 Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan.
Step 7 Remove tart from pan, scatter with olives and basil leaves, then serve.
Source: Delicious. – April 2014, Page 91, Recipe by Warren Mendes, Photography by Jeremy Simons